I’ve been using the iPhone application, CameraBag, for a while now and I’m really happy with it. It’s a must-have application that actually makes the crappy little camera in the iPhone usable. And, it’s only $2.99!
From the developers…
After years of making quality 3D modeling software, we at Nevercenter are branching out to our friends in 2D! Dramatically and easily enhance photos from your built-in iPhone camera or iPhone/iPod Touch photo library using CameraBag’s advanced filters that emulate several different camera and film styles, giving your photos an old-school, cinematic appeal. Photography is all about mood, and using the right camera can turn a throwaway photo into an all-time favorite.
CameraBag is simple and intuitive, with a minimal interface. Just take a new photo or choose one from your library, swipe between camera styles, and save any you like. If you want more control, an options panel is available for camera behavior, image size, cropping and border effects, and more.
The cameras included in CameraBag:
- “Helga” – A square-format toy camera feel with washed-out highlights and old-school vignetting.
- “1974” – This is your father’s camera. Faded, tinted, and hip.
- “Lolo” – Shoot from the hip and take life as it comes with vibrant, colorful shots.
- “Cinema” – Dramatic, moody, wide-screen stills from the movie of your life.
- “1962” – Dynamic black and whites from the photojournalists of a bygone era.
- “Ansel” – Smooth gradation from black to white.
- “Infrared” – Simulation of the popular landscape photography technique.
The image above used the “Helga” effect. It has no other processing done to it other than what CameraBag did. Immediately after I took this photo, I was shin-deep in water. My back was up against the cliff, so I had nowhere to go. I did learn that my shoes are surprisingly waterproof.
Here’s one more taken that day that I liked.