Yay… starting next week, AT&T iPhone users will be able to share their iPhone’s 3G data connection with up to five devices via a personal Wi-Fi hotspot. Read the full details at Macworld.com.
When Apple announced the iPad 2 this past Wednesday, they lowered the price of the original iPad by $100. If you just bought the original iPad, don’t fret… you have the option of getting $100 back from Apple, or returning it entirely in favor of buying the new iPad 2. You just need your original receipt, and the return must be made within 14 days of purchase.
Very nice video from Apple. YouTube Link
Despite being on sick leave, Steve Jobs took center stage today to unveil the all new, iPad 2. The new model has been totally redesigned, and will be available March 11th.
- Available in black or white. Unlike the (mythical) white iPhone, the white iPad will be available from day 1.
- New 1GHz dual-core A5 chip. Apple says it will have the same 10 hour battery life, but have double the overall performance, and 9-times the graphics performance as the original iPad.
- 33 percent thinner and up to 15 percent lighter.
- Front and rear-facing cameras.
- HDMI-out through a $39 adaptor.
- Same price and storage-capacity options as the original iPad
- Same 9.7 inch, 1024×768 display
Apple also announced a nifty new Smart Cover, and versions of Garage Band and iMove for the iPad. There’s a couple of great videos on Apple’s iPad page that really give a sense of just how cool the iPad 2 and Smart Covers really are.
I would be a liar if I said I didn’t totally want this! But, I already have the original iPad (and I love it), and I just can’t justify the upgrade right now. I can’t say I’ll be able to resist upgrading until iPad 3, but I probably won’t be running out anytime too soon.