Congratulations to Ken Kirkpatrick, winner of ReadyMade’s MacGyver Challenge with these mini-speakers he made out of a couple of tins of Altoids, some headphones, & some playing cards.
How to make Altoid speakers:
- Dismantle the headphones and remove the speakers.
- Use a pin to poke a small hole in each of two playing cards, then glue the speakers to the cards, lining up each speaker with the hole.
- Use an awl to poke a hole in the back of each tin, then thread the speaker wire through the holes.
- Reconnect the wires by twisting them together and burning the plastic coating off with a lighter. Then tape them off.
- Place the foam padding from the headphones inside the tins, open side up, to cushion the speakers.
- Trim the cards to fit inside the tins, place them inside (use glue if necessary), and crank it, dog. The sound’s a little tinny, but loud enough for making out.