Mariska Hargitay is Jane Mansfield’s Daughter

By | December 16, 2008

Mariska Hargitay and Jane Mansfield

This may be old news, but it was news to me. I just found out that Mariska Hargitay, who plays Detective Olivia Benson on Law & Order SVU, is the daughter of 50’s sex-symbol, Jane Mansfield. I had no idea.

Law & Order is actually one of our favorite shows.

9 Comments

thelma baker on February 2, 2009 at 11:36 am.

I watch Law & Order every chance I get! I think it a superb show and I especially like Detective Olivia Benson’s role. She is beautiful but I never knew she was Jane Mansfield’s daughter until my son told me. He enjoys the show also. They need more shows like this one. Not CSI or anything like that but just plain cops and robbers :-) Just kidding, I also like CSI. Thank you Olivia!!

Bunny on August 26, 2009 at 7:37 pm.

I don’t watch Law and Order but heard Jane Mansfield’s daughter was on there and wanted to take a look at her pic. She is beautiful. I have just moved to Phillipsburg, NJ and right near the street where Jane Mansfield was born and lived as a small child. Jane is buried in the next state from here, Pa…and I’ve heard her grave has a big pink headstone on it cause she liked pink. Heard there are still some relatives back here this way. Her daugher does resemble her. I wonder if this daugher was in the car with her on that fateful night…I know they said her kids were. God bless.

Sami on December 8, 2009 at 1:45 pm.

Mariska was in the car the night of the crash, but she was very young and doesn’t remember anything. I think she got a scratch on her forehead or something like that, but that’s her only injury.

Bunny on December 8, 2009 at 4:25 pm.

Thank you for your comment. I wish I knew where Jane lived here in Phillipsburg, NJ as a child…cause I am right near and just would like to view the house. Thanks.

Fran on December 6, 2010 at 6:48 pm.

They are both beautiful women who should be admired for their brain power. It is said that Jayne Mansfield had an IQ of 163 which is well above the genius level. Such a shame she had such a tragic demise.

Bunny on December 7, 2010 at 7:33 am.

Thank you all for your comments. I did find out where Jane Mansfield lived here in Phillipsburg, N.J. as child through research at public libraries near my area. I have yet to visit the street where she lived and also hope to get to visit the gravesite when I can. If I do, I will try to post a photo here of the street and gravesite. Wow, she was a very intelligent woman, an IQ of 163…wow. Yes, it is tragic she died the way she did and so young too.

Susan Dattoli on September 28, 2011 at 11:40 pm.

Mariska looks just likek her mother. Would she be willing to play the role of her mother in a true to life movie???

Ali on January 22, 2012 at 7:19 am.

Law and Order SVU is my favorite show of all time. I watch it every single day. When I look through my guide I specifically look to see if it is on before I watch anything else, and If its not on I get on Netflix and watch it there!! I’m addicted to it. But I never knew that Jayne Mansfield was Mariska’s mother. Big shocker to me. I just found out about 5 minutes ago when I was reading up on Mariska Hargitay ! I have been comparing pictures of Jayne and Mariska to see if they look alike… So far I don’t see much of a resemblance other than them both being gorgeous.

Celeste on May 29, 2013 at 10:55 pm.

Mariska looks just like her mother. Unfortunately she and her brothers were in the car that killed their mother and two other people and left a zig zag scar on the side of her head.
Because she was 3 when the accident happened Mariska doesn’t have any memory of it.

Leave Your Comment

Your email will not be published or shared. Required fields are marked *

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail.